Carlo Pintacuda held a steering wheel for the first time at the age of thirteen. The car was a 30 hp Darraq, owned by his father. In 1914 his family bought a Nazzaro which had just won the Giro di Sicilia driven by its builder, Felice Nazzaro. Later, Carlo had the opportunity to drive a more powerful car with a better handling, an Aquila Italiana, a six-cylinder car built in Turin by Ing. Marsaglia. During WWI Carlo became a volunteer in the Italian army, and when the war was over, he immediately returned to his passion of racing. Two men, both from Firenze, taught Carlo the secrets of motor racing. These two men were Conde Gastone Brilli-Peri and Emilio Materasi. They also taught Pintacuda that a driver should be a sportsman, who knew how to lose but never give up. In 1929, at the wheel of a blown Zagato-bodied Alfa Romeo 1750, he entered his first Mille Miglia. Six years later g=he scored an epic Mille Miglia win. In 1937 experiencing electrical problems, Carlo drove without lights, following his teammate Farina to the finish, winning his second great victory in the Mille Miglia.
After WWII Pintacuda decided to move to Buenos Aires in 1947 where he swapped passions, motor racing for antiquities, and opened a shop called La Spiga. He passed away silently, in 1971.